Take a look at our smiles…
James Miller, DDS, MS
Diplomate, American Board of OrthodonticsThe only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the American Dental Association and sponsored by the American Association of Orthodontists
Adjunct Associate Professor, Involved Father, Speaker, Author, Educator, ClinicianSpeaking Engagements
- Treatment of a twice-relapsed anterior open bite using temporary anchorage devices, myofunctional therapy, and fixed passive self-ligating appliances – American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2020; 157:832-42
- Orthodontic treatment of a patient with Duchenne muscular dystrophy and macroglossia: how informed consent was critical to success –American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2013; 144:890-8
- Panoramic X-ray analysis using Eye Tracking Technology: New Vs. Experienced Clinicians –Journal of the World Federation of Orthodontists 2013 2 (2013) e3ee7
- Informed Consent and the Doctor-Patient Relationship: Information seeking and decision making preferences among adult orthodontic patients: an elective health care model Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 2011; 2011; 39: 79–86
- 3-dimensional digital technology: Technique comparison for efficient orthodontic tooth measurements using digital models The Angle Orthodontist 2010; 80:254–261.
- Tooth Wear Patterns and the relationship with facial characteristics
- Effect of surgically altering the nervous system on the rate of orthodontic tooth movement American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2007 131:620-6.
- Effect of Chemically altering the nervous system on the rate of orthodontic tooth movement Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2011 139:e345-e352.
- Effect of Bisphosphonates (a common class of drug taken for osteoporosis; drugs like Boniva, Fosamax, Reclast, etc.) on orthodontic tooth movement American Journal Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2009; 136:843-7.
- Tannic Acid Pigmentation in human saliva:Mechanisms. Journal of Dental Research. 2000; 79, 519 (3008).
- Effect of saliva on tannin dependent pigmentation. Journal of Dental Research. 1999; 78, 299 (1547).
- Sugar fermentation in whole saliva: A high school laboratory exercise. Journal of Dental Research. 1997; 76, 335 (2756).
- Interaction of human lysozyme with Streptococcus mutans surface proteins Journal of Dental Research. 1996; 75, 43 (202).
- Smile and Facial Esthetics
- Tooth staining by a periodontal drug called chlorhexidine
- Immune responses accompanying microbial sinusitis Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery 1999; 120:869-75
- Antimicrobial properties of the human enzyme Lysozyme.
- Medical device which measures periodontal pathogens in saliva
- D.D.S. University of Minnesota
- M.S. University of Minnesota
- Specialist Certificate University of Minnesota
- Adjunct Clinical Assoc. Professor Univ. Minnesota
- American Board of Orthodontics Certification
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Minnesota Dental Association (MDA) Member
- World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO) Member
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
Dr. James Miller has spent his career mastering the art and techniques necessary to give patients their very best smile without the removal of teeth in most instances. He is known for his ability to individualize and detail the smile to work best for each person’s face and biology. Dr. Miller is a Board Certified Orthodontist and is also an accomplished and respected University Adjunct Professor, Researcher, Scientific Author and Public Speaker. He routinely treats Children (ages 7+) and Adults using the Damon® System Clear or Metal braces or Invisalign.
Dr. Miller is married to a pediatric dentist (Dr. Adena Borodkin) and is the proud and involved father of four great young kids. Dr. Miller enjoys reading, travel, the arts, friends and family. He has served on the school board and as a coach for his daughter’s Fast Pitch Softball team. He is passionate about his career and is heartened by the positive impact his work makes on the lives of his patients. You can find out more about Dr. Miller and his team by choosing from the link above but the best way to get to know him is to schedule your complementary consultation now.