Take a look at our smiles…
James Miller, DDS, MS
Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
The only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the American Dental Association and sponsored by the American Association of Orthodontists
Adjunct Associate Professor, Involved Father, Speaker, Author, Educator, ClinicianSpeaking Engagements
- D.D.S. University of Minnesota
- M.S. University of Minnesota
- Specialist Certificate University of Minnesota
- Adjunct Clinical Assoc. Professor Univ. Minnesota
- American Board of Orthodontics Certification
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- Minnesota Dental Association (MDA) Member
- World Federation of Orthodontists (WFO) Member
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Orthodontic treatment of a patient with Duchenne muscular dystrophy and macroglossia: how informed consent was critical to success –American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2013; 144:890-8
- Panoramic X-ray analysis using Eye Tracking Technology: New Vs. Experienced Clinicians –Journal of the World Federation of Orthodontists 2013 2 (2013) e3ee7
- Informed Consent and the Doctor-Patient Relationship: Information seeking and decision making preferences among adult orthodontic patients: an elective health care model Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 2011; 2011; 39: 79–86
- 3-dimensional digital technology: Technique comparison for efficient orthodontic tooth measurements using digital models The Angle Orthodontist 2010; 80:254–261.
- Tooth Wear Patterns and the relationship with facial characteristics
- Effect of surgically altering the nervous system on the rate of orthodontic tooth movement American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2007 131:620-6.
- Effect of Chemically altering the nervous system on the rate of orthodontic tooth movement Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2011 139:e345-e352.
- Effect of Bisphosphonates (a common class of drug taken for osteoporosis; drugs like Boniva, Fosamax, Reclast, etc.) on orthodontic tooth movement American Journal Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2009; 136:843-7.
- Tannic Acid Pigmentation in human saliva:Mechanisms. Journal of Dental Research. 2000; 79, 519 (3008).
- Effect of saliva on tannin dependent pigmentation. Journal of Dental Research. 1999; 78, 299 (1547).
- Sugar fermentation in whole saliva: A high school laboratory exercise. Journal of Dental Research. 1997; 76, 335 (2756).
- Interaction of human lysozyme with Streptococcus mutans surface proteins Journal of Dental Research. 1996; 75, 43 (202).
- Smile and Facial Esthetics
- Tooth staining by a periodontal drug called chlorhexidine
- Immune responses accompanying microbial sinusitis Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery 1999; 120:869-75
- Antimicrobial properties of the human enzyme Lysozyme.
- Medical device which measures periodontal pathogens in saliva
What Our Patients Say
Crossbite resolved without an expander
Advances in Orthodontics did an amazing job for my daughter. What a difference. They definitely take their job very seriously and only wait until perfection before taking off braces. Amazing job guys!!! To the staff: you guys are awesome.
Severe Crowding resolved without any extractions
Thank You to the Advances In Ortho Team! I love my new smile . I’ve been getting compliments on how nice my teeth look . I couldn’t have done it without the help from the BEST crew ever , Dr. Miller, Kali, Dom & Deb ! Thank you so so much.
Case finished in only 8 months
I am 27 and just finished with my braces treatment. At my consultation, the initial estimated length given by Dr. Miller for my braces was about 12 months, but it actually only took 8 months (which was even better). The staff is outstanding! Super smart, resourceful, kind, experienced, efficient and really gives each client the same personal attention. I always looked forward to going to my ortho appointments monthly and everyone in Suite 220 made my experience so worthwhile. I would highly recommend Advances in Orthodontics & rate the quality of care and the staff as excellent.I feel so grateful for the solid investment I made in the overall beauty of my smile. It truly is priceless!
wearing Damon Clear Braces with missing front tooth replaced
Dr. Miller is the best orthodontist out there. He listens to his patients and takes their concerns to heart. He also educates his patients on oral health and how to take good care of your dental hygiene. Advance Ortho staff is really friendly and informative. Dr. Miller has gone the extra mile for me before an interview to get my teeth looking great. I have received several compliments while wearing my braces and how visible the changes are. Hats off to Advance Ortho and I would recommend Dr. Miller and his team to anyone. Thank You for all you do.
Severe Underbite and Crossbite Corrected Without Surgery
Dr. Miller was exceptional to work with. Our daughter had a unique case and multiple phases to her treatment. He kept us informed and was always willing to listen and answer our questions. Our daughter was welcomed with a smile by the staff at each appointment and felt comfortable when she was in their care. She loved the office atmosphere and the trendy music they always played. On occasion they would let her choose what to play! The confidence in our daughter’s smile amazes us each day. Dr. Miller comes with our highest recommendations.